Playboy’s 2013 Calendar Giveaway
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN, NOR WILL A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- Dates: Beginning at 12:01 AM EST on December 17, 2012, and ending at 11:59 PM EST on December 30, 2012, (the “Entry Period”).
- To Enter: Via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Playboy’s 2013 Calendar Giveaway” in subject line.
Only one (1) entry per person and per e-mail address per day (24-hour period) will be accepted. Any person who attempts to participate with multiple email addresses, multiple identities, or uses any device or artifice to enter multiple times on a single day (24-hour period) will be disqualified. All materials submitted become the property of Playboy Plus Entertainment, Inc. (“PBP”) and will not be acknowledged or returned. Any individual submitting a valid entry per these Official Rules shall be referred to as an “Entrant”. In the event of a dispute over the identity of an Entrant, entry will be deemed submitted by the person to whom the email address attached to the entry has been assigned by an Internet access provider, an on-line service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses (the “Authorized Account Holder”).
- Eligibility: Playboy’s 2013 Calendar Giveaway (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and Washington, D.C., excluding, without limitation, Rhode Island, Puerto Rico and all other U.S. territories and possessions and overseas military installations, (the “Eligibility Area”) who are eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees, directors, and their immediate families (spouse, parents, children, siblings, and each of their spouses regardless of where they live) or members of households of PBP and its parent company, associated companies, subsidiaries, advertising, design, print production and publicity agencies and anyone connected with the production and distribution of the Sweepstakes (together with PBP, the “Sweepstakes Entities”), are not eligible to enter or be awarded a prize. Sweepstakes void outside the Eligibility Area and/or where prohibited, licensed, restricted or taxed.
- Prize: Playboy 2013 Calendar. A total of three (3) Calendars will be given away.
- Approximate Retail Value: $14.00 per Calendar
- Winner Selection: Three (3) Winners will be selected via a random drawing on December 31, 2012, from among all eligible entries received. Winner will be chosen by PBP. Decisions of PBP judges are final. Each Winner will receive one (1) Calendar.
Winner will be announced via email to Winner on December 31, 2012. Winner will have until January 3, 2013, to respond via email. Otherwise, a new Winner will be randomly selected at that time and notified via email.
- Odds: Odds of winning will depend upon the total number of eligible entries received.
- Prize Fulfillment: Arrangements for Prize Fulfillment will be made by PBP in its sole discretion. PBP reserves the right to substitute Prize of greater or equal value. PBP reserves the right, in its sole discretion to suspend, modify, or terminate the Sweepstakes. Should the Sweepstakes be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, PBP reserves the right to award Prize based on the entries received before the termination date, in its sole discretion.
- General Rules: Sweepstakes administration, Winner selection and Prize claim verification will be conducted by PBP. By participating in the Sweepstakes, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of PBP, whose decisions are final. All materials submitted become the sole property of PBP and will not be returned. Return of Prize as undeliverable will result in disqualification and an alternate Winner will be selected. Winner must sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Publicity/Liability Release if requested. Noncompliance within the time period specified will result in disqualification and an alternate Winner will be selected.
PBP reserves the right to cancel/terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes if, in PBP’s sole determination, the integrity of the Sweepstakes has been, or could be, compromised, or the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned or fairly, including, but not limited to, fraud or force majeure or any other causes beyond PBP’s control. By entering the Sweepstakes, you explicitly release, discharge and hold harmless the Sweepstakes Entities, their successors, estates and assigns and all their respective shareholders, directors, officers and employees, one and all, from any and all liability, actions, causes of action, damages, actual, incidental or consequential, claims and demands whatsoever in law or equity, which he/she now has or may acquire, by reason of any personal injury, death, loss of or damage to property, or any reason, occurring during or arising out of his/her participation in the Sweepstakes and the acceptance and use or misuse of Prize. By accepting a Prize, Winner waives the right to 1) assert as a cost of winning Prize any and all costs of verification and redemption or travel to redeem Prize, and 2) claim any liability (including attorneys’ fees and costs, which might arise from redeeming or seeking to redeem Prize (including any travel related thereto). The right to receive Prize is non-assignable and non-transferable and no Prize substitution, exchange or cash equivalent will be allowed except by PBP, who reserves the right to substitute Prize (or portion of Prize) of equal or greater value in case of unavailability of Prize or force majeure.
If any provision of the Sweepstakes shall be deemed to violate any federal, state or municipal law, it shall be amended to conform to such law and all other provisions shall remain in full force and effect. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
This offer may not be reproduced, reprinted or published elsewhere in any format without the written permission of PBP.
All taxes are the responsibility of Winner. An IRS Form 1099 MISC, as applicable, will be issued to Winner for the applicable year for the Approximate Retail Value of Prize.
Acceptance of Prize constitutes permission to use Winner's name, town and state, voice and likeness and any and all identifying characteristics including, but not limited to, the taking of photographs and/or videos by any of the Sweepstakes Entities’ photographers or videographers for publicity purposes, in perpetuity, in all media, without further consent or compensation, unless prohibited by law and Winner agrees to execute any and all documents requested by the any of the Sweepstakes Entities to convey such rights to own all the results thereof. Nothing contained herein shall be deemed to obligate any of the Sweepstakes Entities to make use of any of the rights granted herein and Winner waives any right to inspect or approve any such use of any and every nature and kind.
- Limitations of Liability: None of the Sweepstakes Entities shall be responsible for late, lost, damaged, misdirected, incorrectly addressed, stolen, incomplete, illegible, undeliverable, destroyed entries, nor for electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction nor unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer hardware or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind, or inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive entry materials by PBP on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or any combination thereof. Any person attempting to damage any website, defraud or in any way tamper with the Sweepstakes will be ineligible for Prize and may be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. None of the Sweepstakes Entities shall be responsible for technical, pictorial, typographical or editorial errors or omissions in any marketing materials or these Official Rules. The Sweepstakes shall be governed by and interpreted under the laws of the State of California, USA without regard to its conflicts of laws or provisions. Entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Sweepstakes or any prizes awarded and all issues and questions concerning the validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively in a court of competent jurisdiction sitting in Los Angeles County, California. Any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes and never shall include consequential, incidental or punitive damages and, in no event, attorneys' fees. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above may not apply to you.
- Winners List: Name of Winner will be available on or about January 6, 2013. For a copy of the Winners List, send a self addressed, stamped, #10 business envelope to Winners – Playboy’s 2013 Calendar Giveaway, c/o Playboy Plus Entertainment, Inc., 2300 West Empire Avenue, 7th Floor, Burbank, CA 91504, to be received by May 1, 2013. This address is not valid for entries, and any entry mailed to this address will be discarded. Vermont residents are not required to include return postage.
- Administrator, Sponsor and Prize Provider: Playboy Plus Entertainment, Inc., 2300 West Empire Avenue, 7th Floor, Burbank, CA 91504.